Sunday, September 19, 2010

One for the "Win" column








I played in the Hagood Mill Annual Fiddle Convention this weekend, and lo and behold my band took 3rd place in the Old Time Band contest. We were sort of a scratch band, put together a few nights before from my regular picking buddies, and I didn't think we had too much of a chance...a lot of seasoned players there. I was immensely pleased. Made my week. I took a few pics while I was there but was busy picking for the most part.

Our band name..."Ruby Dawn and the Red Hill Rattlers". Hearing the announcer say it was priceless.

2 comments:

  1. Do you ever get up to North Carolina for things like MerleFest?

    The pictures are wonderful, too. Love the one of the washboard (I assume someone played that) on the runningboard of the old car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Karen. Thanks, that picture turned out a little blown out but I still liked it enough to keep it. There was a guy just off to the side who played that washboard and the fretless banjo. He had a pig tied to the bumper that was friendly enough to pet. Quite a character.

    I have gone to Merlefest a number of times, but have found that I like the smaller festivals better. Just too many people at that one now,

    ReplyDelete