Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Picking and sort of grinning


Had a rough weekend around our house with the teenage girl drama, but I think it has settled down now. It is what it is. I usually find that a banal expression but it seems to fit here. Not much I can do about it, so I might as well feign indifference. Makes me feel better.

The other thing that makes me feel better is the mandolin. I played really well last night with no explanation. I don't know what it is about playing an instrument, but sometimes you just have a stroke of inspiration and coordination...and then it dissolves. There's no accounting for it, but it is the sort of thing that happens from time to time in a jam or small setting. If I could figure THAT formula out I don't think I would ever leave the house. The music is just on fire.

I am thinking that I will purchase a Moleskine notebook to carry along with me. Something appealing about those for reasons I can't understand...and speaking of bags, I want this badly and am maneuvering to get it. It's just cool and there's really no other reason I can offer.

2 comments:

  1. So you found me from Stacy's blog. We must be the only two liberals in the South (or so it seems).

    Your pictures are great, too. Post some more, please! I'm doing mine as sort of a daily journal to see how I'm progressing with the Panasonic FZ38. So many menus; so many functions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I am an endless link follower and saw you posting there. I think we are the only two, Karen. A rare breed indeed in SC. I might as well be a Martian as far as that goes. I'm definitely posting more pics....thought I might shame myself into keeping after it. I bought a Fuji S1500, which has given me more control of the outcome than a point and shoot...but I have my eye on a Lumix lx5. We'll see how it comes out.

    ReplyDelete