Tuesday, August 17, 2010

David at school


My little boy David went to Kindergarten today. It was a little upsetting, probably more so for me than him. When I look at him now I don't see a baby anymore, I see a boy. Not sure what to think about that. I bought him some new clothes yesterday and took him to get his school supplies, including a new backpack--this was very exciting, of course. There was a torrential rain and when we got out of the car we both got absolutely soaked, which I think doubled the excitement.

He is going to the same elementary school that I went to. I walked down to the lunch room to put money into his lunch account and it was surreal. I can't even imagine the amount of meals I ate there in the seven years I went to school there. I felt ridiculously large.

I appeal to whatever lesser angels watch over the doings of little boys to remember him and make him happy.

2 comments:

  1. A happy day and a sad day all at once. I think his first day of school was more exhausting for the two of us than for him.

    ReplyDelete