Friday, August 13, 2010

Jamming


Went very well, it did. I am still a little tentative for Old Time, since I don't want to be the guy lousing up the jam with too many bluegrass-isms, but on the whole that's nearly as much of a problem as it would be in Asheville, for instance. They like some solid division between their Old Time and Bluegrass. Priscilla went with me, and she's getting to be a solid rhythm guitar player. Playing together every evening certainly helps.

I discovered I need more depths to my tune list, but I'd say I'm doing fairly well for being a bluegrass convert. There aren't generally tunes played by 'grassers, just songs...and you can improvise anyway you'd like during a song. Tunes must be learned...and that means time.

It has been a stressful week at work and I am looking forward to listening to some music and doing some hours-long couch-sitting tonight.

A guy I worked with joylessly pointed out that while it was Friday, that meant only two days to Monday. The thought dawned on me that I should punch him (I kid, of course..maybe), since I just can't have that sort of nonsense laid on the joy of Friday.

Absolutely no plans for tomorrow other than sitting around.

My music for today has been suddenly interrupted. My third generation iPod 30gb has finally decided to give up the ghost and won't maintain a charge. Sort of sad...I can't even speculate on the amount of music I've listened to on it. Would probably be shocking. Next week I am picking up the iPad...so maybe there's a package deal? hmmmm...

Mandolin playing like a crazy man later.

No comments:

Post a Comment